Communication & Project Assistant
The CENTRE FOR SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS (CRS) is a non-profit organization established in 2005 with an aim to develop and apply innovative methods, system tools and technologies, including digital multiplayer games, board games, and role-playing simulations to support research, education, and policy experimentation in the area of sustainability worldwide.
You will take over several communication tasks – both inside and outside the organization. You will join our team and contribute to the design and application of innovative engagement methods including serious games and role-playing simulations.
Sounds interesting to you?
Learn more and join us.
Why should you work with us?
For 17 years, we have been pursuing meaningful work by creating social simulations and serious games for social change. Our interactive, multiplayer, and moderated games combine entertainment with education and raise awareness of global challenges such as the climate emergency. They are engaging, fun, and have been played by such organizations as the World Bank, the European Commission, OECD, UNDP, etc.
As a non-governmental organization, we do not follow many of the practices you might have encountered in different companies. You will be engaged in purposeful and satisfying work instead of creating products that exploit people’s psychological weaknesses for profit.
Join our professional, interdisciplinary team of 15 change makers. Get involved in international projects for the public good at the intersection of business, science, society, and the environment.
- Full-time employment contract (40 hours per week); part time arrangement also possible
- At least 3 days a week presence in our office in Wroclaw
- Salary based on track record and qualifications (3500-5000 PLN net)
- Opportunities for professional development including external training
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- Fast recruitment process
- Communication with customers of our simulations
- Support in project coordination
- Communication with partners, participants, and contractors in an international research project
- Searching for and arranging information
- Recruiting participants for online simulation events
- Organization and participation in international events and workshops
- Support for the communication team, writing articles and posts
- Support in day-to-day organizational tasks
- Support in running of the online workshops: sending invitations, reminders, basic technical support for participants, etc.
- Supporting game development processes
- Fluent command of English in speech and writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new topics
- Quick and effective search, analysis, and processing of information (also in the areas beyond current experience)
- Interest in the area of sustainable development
- Conscientiousness, independence, responsibility – these are not just fancy words, we really value these traits
Nice to have
- Background in the area of social or natural sciences or economics
- Understanding/experience in serious games development/use
- Another foreign language, e.g. German, French or Spanish
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop
CRS encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. CRS is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to personal background, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disabilities, or medical conditions. Research has shown that women and immigrants are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We want to engage equally all those who can contribute to our activities.
If you have the qualifications described above and would like to apply for the position, please send your application (CV and cover letter) in English via Apply here or send your CV and cover letters to: email@example.com (entitling the email “Communication & Project Assistant”). Please, mind that we reserve the right to reply only to the selected candidates. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Don’t forget to enclose the following annotation: “I agree to the processing of my personal data by the Centre for Systems Solutions Association for recruitment for the post of Communication & Project Assistant in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
In order to ensure compliance with the GDPR, we would like to inform you that we intend to store your personal data on the G Suite platform owned by Google LLC. The data will be stored on a server located in the USA. To dispel your doubts, we would like to assure that your data will be safe, as Google LLC joined the Privacy Shield program and provides the appropriate level of personal data protection required by European regulations.
In reference to this, please read the information below:
In accordance with art. 13 of the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of 27 April 2016 (Official Journal of the European Union, L 119, 4 May 2016), we inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Centre for Systems Solutions Association, based in Wroclaw 50-305, ul. Jaracza 80B /10, Poland;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of conducting correspondence pursuant to the Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016;
- Your personal data will be stored for the duration of this recruitment;
- You have the right to access your data and the right to rectify, delete, limit processing, the right to withdraw consent and the right to move data;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body;
- Providing personal data is voluntary but necessary to consider the offer as part of the recruitment process.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to contact only selected persons.